The work of Rafael G. Antunes (Lisbon, 1977) proposes to reflect and explore, with the use of photographic and videographic images, the transient tensions and dynamics in the concepts of identity, collective and individual memory, and Cultural Heritage (whether material or immaterial) when faced with the compression of geographic space – through the shortening of the notion of time – that globalization and technological progress imposed on Humanity. Based on a metaphorical approach, his images are positioned in counterpoint to current cultural perceptions, hostages to symbolic actions generated, shared and consumed in an increasingly global way.
– 2020 – Shortlisted – 6th Fine Art Photography Awards
– 2020 – Shortlisted – Siena Creative Photo Awards
– 2020 – Honorable Mention – International Photography Awards
– 2020 – Editor´s Pick – Life Framer “Humans of the World” Awards
– 2021 – Honorable Mention – Tokyo International Photo Awards
– 2021 – Shortlisted – 7th Fine Art Photography Awards
-2020 – Culture House Jaime Lobo e Silva, Ericeira